An Invitation to Raise Awareness about End-of-Life Care Options
Knowledgeable hospice team members are eager to share their hospice messages with your social, civic, religious group or organization. Programs are offered free and can be prepared for a general audience or for other health care or social service professionals.
Educating the community we serve about hospice services and end of life issues is an essential component to our success in providing comfort, support and resources to individuals coping with a life-limiting illness.
Hope Hospice seeks opportunities to converse with the community and share relevant information regarding end-of-life care issues and the benefits of hospice services. We allow the opportunity to share personal experiences and address questions and concerns.
Any of the following subjects can be tailored to meet your community group’s needs. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Hospice 101: An overview of hospice services
- Advanced Directives: Benefits, need and legal responsibility
- Death & Dying: Signs, Symptoms, Stages
- Hospice Myths
- The Five Stages of Grief: The journey through healing
- Five Wishes: What the dying patient wants
- Volunteering: Making a difference at Hope Hospice
- Hospice Criteria
- Resident’s Rights
- End of Life Care Issues
- Pain Management & Symptom Control
- Breaking Bad News
- Tube Feeding for Patients with Advanced Dementia
- Aging in Place
- Concerns for Aging Adults
To arrange for a speaker, contact us at 314-984-9800 and ask for the Community Liaison for your geographical area.